Saturday, October 18, 2014

# 7 Did CEOPS find any evidence that David Fletcher was guilty of raping Yang Dany?


Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre

33 Vauxhall Bridge Road

London
SW1V 2WG
United Kingdom

Dear CEOPS

re David John Fletcher

I am an Australian journalist and filmmaker investigating a case that CEOPS was involved with in 2009 and 2010. The matter concerns a man by the name of David John Fletcher, currently serving a 10 year jail sentence in Cambodia for the rape of a young woman by the name of Yang Dany in 2009.

It is clear from newspaper articles and court documents that CEOPS was involved in investigating claims made by Scott Neeson (the Cambodian Children’s Fund) and others that Mr Fletcher was ‘grooming’ young girls in 2009 and 2010.

I have not been able to find evidence in any court documents that Mr Fletcher had been grooming young girls. Nor have I been able to find any report written by CEOPS containing evidence either of ‘grooming’ or of rape. It would seem, unless there are documents missing from the court file, that CEOPS did not, in the course of its investigations, find any evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Mr Fletcher. Am I correct in making this assumption?

I am currently writing a book and making a film about this case and would appreciate any information you can provide me with regarding CEOPS involvement in it. As you will appreciate, it is imperative that both my book and my documentary be factually accurate.

I am moving around the world a good deal at the present time and the best and most reliable way to contact me is by email.

best wishes

James Ricketson

No comments:

Post a Comment